Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums APW Wyott f25c pilot lights but burners wont come on

• APW Wyott f25c pilot lights but burners wont come on

Posted by guest on July 23, 2018 at 12:00 am

Unit is 4 months old it was warranty repaired 1 week after purchase, they replace gas valve, thermopile, high limit and thermometer, 2 weeks later same issue.  The pilot lights but the burners will not come on the unit is installed in a food truck.

steakntake replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

July 24, 2018 at 1:26 pm

My My,  They threw the whole thing at it.  Shotgun repair person.  What he should have done was measure the thermopile voltage, and ohm-ed out the limit and thermostat, and measured the gas pressure, to determine the real problem.  If the pilot stays lit but the valve will not open,  I’ll bet on the pilot flame being off and the voltage at the valve is less than 250 milliamps.  But with a food truck, there are other problems that manifest.  Gas connection cleanliness is a problem from bottle changes. Dirt likes to get in the connectors and then the pilot orfice and valves. If you have a hand POL connector, they have a sintered bronze filter to help with that.  However, a lot of them use 100 pound bottles where legal and the wrench style POL connector. They do not have a filter.  Not knowing your abilities or available equipment, I recommend you find a qualified tech.  If still under warranty, Use a recommended repair facility. There warrenty requires you to use the closes, but being a food truck your position determines who is closest.

This will require a digital volt-ohm meter and a manometer to diagnose correctly.

• ectofix

July 24, 2018 at 5:06 pm

I had to look up F25C elsewhere on the internet to figure out what it is.  So…it’s a countertop gas fryer.  Thank you.

After my five minutes of thinking about this problem, either:

A faulty wire connection from the thermostat to the combination valve Excessive supply pressure (far greater than 1/2psi [14″WC]) causing the combination valve to lock down, or… Operator error.

No way of knowing for sure without looking at it myself.

• fixbear

July 24, 2018 at 6:13 pm
  • fixbear

July 24, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Oh, and check out installation clearances.

• steakntake

July 24, 2018 at 7:28 pm

Thanks for the response, i have a second repair company coming out to take a look at it.