Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Frymaster fryer losing oil

• Frymaster fryer losing oil

Posted by guest on May 11, 2017 at 12:00 am

Guys,I have a frymaster high efficiencyFrymaster fryer model FPGL230CA that is losing a couple of inches oil overnight,and an intermittent filtering issue,a long fill time returning oil to vat.Im back out there tomorrow to replace o-rings on filter vat fill tube,but  didn’t have any issues when I filtered either vat.Seems unlikely the o rings are the only issue,but I’m unfamiliar with this fryer.any suggestions?

olivero replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • olivero

May 11, 2017 at 4:46 pm

I am going to go ahead and assume there is a valve behind the doors that you can close to keep the oil int he tank…. Do those close all the way?

• ectofix

May 11, 2017 at 5:02 pm

rock, did you call Frymaster?  I suggest you do that while you’re standing in front of the fryer.

I’ve never looked at an OCF fryer and worked on just one LOV.  Does that OCF use a linear actuator to operate the drain and return valves?  If so, then there might be an adjustment of the actuator’s linkage or something has worked loose – thus causing the drain valve to remain cracked open a little.

As for the slow fill time, is that while returning filtered oil or while bringing oil in from the JIB?

• badbozo2315

May 11, 2017 at 5:20 pm

>Does that OCF use a linear actuator to operate the drain and return valves? 

Just FYI, they have thankfully stopped using the linear actuators,  been a while, now they use blue and black body rotory ones.

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Not ever having the pleasure or pain of seeing one of these,  I’m not sure I’m the one to answer you question.  But I did review the service manual and have some questions.  Does it have auto top off?  Does it have auto baskets?  Where does the oil go, Filter sump, cabinet, or floor.  Are they using the filter correctly?  Is the filter paper above the screen?  Does the pump ever trip on overload?

Being this is a computerized automated machine that the filter system operates with solenoid valves,  I suspect that the drain solenoid is not seating correctly and you have loss to the filter tank.  .Problem now is the oil cool’s and becomes um-pumpable due to viscosity.  Remove and clean or replace the drain solenoid. would be my first guess.

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Man you guy’s are quirk. As I’m composing everybody post a answer.  Now I know I’m to old.

• ectofix

May 11, 2017 at 5:44 pm

It happens.  It can be maddening, but it happens to me all the time.  And at 57, I’m not old.  You and Badbozo are old.

• ectofix

May 11, 2017 at 5:58 pm

fixbear wrote:

Where does the oil go, Filter sump, cabinet, or floor.

You’re mean too!

• badbozo2315

May 11, 2017 at 6:43 pm

>And at 57, I’m not old.  You and Badbozo are old.

Kidz these days… I tell ya.  61 Long years. Hope the knees hold out to 62. 

• rock

May 11, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Oil goes to the filter sump

• rock

May 11, 2017 at 7:01 pm

The slow fill times are intermittent,and occurs when they’re filtering or polishing.

Page 1 of 3