Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Superior 60″ 6 Burner Gas Range, 24″ Griddle, 2 Standard Ovens- need manuals

• Superior 60″ 6 Burner Gas Range, 24″ Griddle, 2 Standard Ovens- need manuals

Posted by guest on October 27, 2016 at 12:00 am

I recently purchased a Superior Products MFG 60″ – 6 burner, 24″ griddle stove. It is about 20 years old. I am searching for operators manual and parts manual for this commercial stove.

Thanks,

Morris

T16500-3T.jpg

partsgirl replied 5 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • john

October 27, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Hello Morris,

It looks like Superior is now made and sold by US Foods Culinary Equipment and Supplies, found at this address

Restaurant Equipment & Supply | Catering Equipment – US Foods Culinary Equipment & Supplies®

I don’t have any manuals for their equipment unfortunately, and their website did not seem forthcoming with manuals either. You may have to contact them.

Anyone on the forum here have any manuals for Superior?

• mikey

October 27, 2016 at 3:52 pm

This is going to be a fun one!!  Superior Products was one of the first catalog equipment dealers, they had equipment private labled for them.  I.E. a manufacture such as Imperial would make equipment and put Superior’s name on it.  Superior had an interesting business model where they would send catalogs out to areas (remote) that didn’t generally have dealers with sales reps calling on customers.  I used to see Superior a lot up on Mackinac Island as an example.

The person who responded before me may actually have their website correct because as I recall many moons ago Superior was purchased by U.S. Foods. 

The real key to unlock your puzzle is finding the model/serial number off the piece of equipment you purchased.  With the model you or one of us on here will hopefully be able to track back to who the actual manufacture was and get additional information.  Looks like the range is in good shape so hopefully the tag with the model is available.

• john

October 27, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I gather your mentioning of Mackinac means you might be a Michigander or perhaps (could it be) even a Yooper? I lived up that way for a decade and survived many harsh winters.

• mikey

October 31, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I actually live in Indiana, I used to vacation on Mackinac for Labor Day Weekends and used to go walleye fishing in the U.P. every June. 

October 2, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Hello Morris, I have  same problem I need to replaced a cast iron for the griddle…but I don not know the serial num of my range, that is the same like yours….Did you find some information about your range. where can i buy a parts. If you have a model, Can you give me it..the tags are no visible..thaks.

• fixbear

October 2, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Simple question, does the top burners look like this?

If so, it was problably built and sold by  Vulcan hart-Hobart-ITC

All I could find was a 2000 manual here. But the oven burner by then was a aluminized tube. Like the following

https://www.partstown.com/vulcan_hart/vh00-413225-000g1;sid=0IRJsOQDNqlJsL-wKJd6vkzDFbATKULnvyc=

VULCAN HART-00-413225-000G1-BURNER,OVEN ASSY

I did find this;

https://www.heritageparts.com/medias/VHL001-24C.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfHBkZi1tYW51YWxzfDUwOTY0NXxhcHBsaWNhdGlvbi9wZGZ8cGRmLW1hbnVhbHMvaDQ0L2gzNy84OTg3ODU3MTI1NDA2LnBkZnw2ZTkxMWUxOWQxYThjMTlmNzNmMDgzMmEzMTA5NmFjNmZjMjI3YjI0OTcyODFkZDIwZGEzMzc2NGFhOTRiODRh

• partsgirl

October 3, 2018 at 8:39 am

I found this as well

>>>CLICK ME<<<

• fixbear

October 3, 2018 at 11:38 am

That’s the same one I worked off of.  Note, they use ML numbers. something common to Hobart.

And I bet if they removed the kick plate below the left oven door they might find a model number and ML number..

• fixbear

October 3, 2018 at 11:54 am

I’m also willing to bet that this is what they are looking for.

VULCAN HART-00-411684-000G1-BURNER,BROILER ASShttps://www.partstown.com/vulcan_hart/vh00-411684-000g1?pt-manual=VH-V-RANGE-SERIES_pm.pdf

As they just added a standard griddle unit to many of the lines in that time frame.

• partsgirl

October 3, 2018 at 1:27 pm

I scrubbed the web looking for any details SPECIFIC to this unit. ZILCH! Even looked through our billion manuals here in shop… still nothing. I’m not done yet lol I’ll keep looking

Page 1 of 2