Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side Blogett SHO-100-G

Tagged: 

• Blogett SHO-100-G

Posted by mrKs75 on October 12, 2020 at 9:42 am

Hello. I am having an issue with Blogett SHO-100G oven with ignition issue. Conditions as follow.

1. When power on, convection fan starts spinning. No pilot light ignition nor attempts.

2. Fenwal ignition module’s diagnostic indicator LED isn’t blinking.

3. When checking transformer with voltage meter, there is 28V of power coming out.

Initially, I thought the issue was bad ignition module, so I replaced it with new module, but having same problem. Now I think problem is power not going into ignition module.

All the wires and connectors seems good though. Where should I look for the cause of problem? Any help and ideas are appreciate. Thank you.

ulrickaka replied 3 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • fixbear

October 12, 2020 at 11:04 am

Off the top of my head, Check the thermostat output to the burner module and the blower motor centrifugal switch. They are in series from the tranformer output to the gas controller.

• mrKs75

October 12, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Thank you for your advice! I might have found the point of problem. I checked gas switch first and there was no power going in. So I checked wire from gas switch to thermostat module and there was no power neither. Another grey wire next to it, when I checked with meter, it has power, 28v. So power is going into thermostat module but no power going out. I just need to get confirmation that two grey wires are power in and power out. Thank you!

• fixbear

October 14, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Don’t forget the timer / cook switch is also involved. To be certain, just turn the timer on.

• nafets47

October 12, 2020 at 11:11 am

I ran into an issue similar to this, I would check the amps on the transformer as well.

I had an elevator go down and the elevator tech checked the transformer and it was reading the correct voltage but after days of no progress, the company had him check the amps which were not correct. Replaced it and no more issues.

• nafets47

October 12, 2020 at 11:13 am

Then again this might not be applicable to your transformer since it is low voltage.

I didnt read what voltage you got until after I posted.

• olivero

October 12, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Genereally, if it’s not even trying to light, a safety is out or the thermostat is out.

Some had an airflow switch on them to measure suction or pressure in the combustion line prior to allowing ignition attempts.

• mrKs75

October 16, 2020 at 10:13 am

Problem Solved! After replacing thermostat module, it worked like a charm! Thanks everyone!

• olivero

October 18, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Good to hear.