Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives my machine isnt making ice nor is the machine getting water. the water lines are connected and full of water? is there any kind of water shut off valve within the machine i cant get to? model number db1000sa

• my machine isnt making ice nor is the machine getting water. the water lines are connected and full of water? is there any kind of water shut off valve within the machine i cant get to? model number db1000sa

Posted by guest on October 15, 2016 at 12:00 am

my machine isnt making ice nor is the machine getting water. the water lines are connected and full of water? is there any kind of water shut off valve within the machine i cant get to? model number db1000sa

izzygreen replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

October 15, 2016 at 3:30 pm

That model number you provided is for a Follett 1000 lb. ice bin.  That won’t indicate what ice machine is on top of it.

It may not even be a Follett ice machine, since it’s not unusual to find other brands of ice machines sitting on top of a Follett bin.

You haven’t given accurate us info for the actual ice machine and you didn’t say how you’d concluded that it’s not getting water.

ALL ice machines have internal water controls.  I can only think of a Hoshizaki as having a valve which can be turned by hand.  In any other case though, water is controlled internally by either a solenoid valve or a float valve.

You’ll need to provide us with more accurate information.  If you’re not sure where to get the information, then at least take a picture of it and post it here.  Posting pictures here is as simple as copying it from your computer and pasting it into your post.

• olivero

October 18, 2016 at 1:54 pm

WEEEEEELL.

Could be a solenoid, a pump or your sump probe is scaled over and not registering that its low on water.

IS it brand new? if not, was it cleaned this century? If you don’t know what I am talking about when I say cleaned, then say that. Cause then I know whats wrong.

• izzygreen

October 19, 2016 at 8:32 am

Water filter?

I’d check that first, sometimes the simplest solution is the answer

Good Luck