guest replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ectofix

March 28, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Depends on the model number.

Got a model number?

• fixbear

March 29, 2018 at 7:24 am

First question, why!  Hosizaki’s rarely need a change from the factory settings.

Our guest seems to think we are able to see his machine and know what it is he is working on.  Ah well, he posted it under Hosizaki and he did say cube.  But they have used quite a few different designs over the years.  Most of the Cubers were KM’s, but again, we are down to several generations and control boards.  The one think that I have noticed with them is they use a tail coil temp and a float switch to control harvest.  Also that they never need adjustment.  If cube size is off,  You need to clean the machine, clean the float switch,  Or replace your water filter.  Other than that they would have to have a tech look at it because something is wrong.

March 30, 2018 at 5:29 am

If its a KM the short version is the float assy. Moving up the float housing reduces the size of the cube. Hoshizaki used to market this as the only machine in the industry, with an adjustable cube size. I tried this (cube adjustment) a couple of times and honestly, it was hard to see the size change. The company I worked for gave away drinks and the theory was that smaller cubes took up more space in the glass. More space meant less product given away. They ended up going back to Manitowoc quarter size cubes

• fixbear

March 30, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Sanjay hasn’t replied to our request for a model, and yes they can do a minor adjustment to cube size,  but they are notorious for the float getting bound in the up position from mineral buildup. I was just trying to get from him why he wanted to change it and to keep him from getting into trouble.

March 31, 2018 at 5:42 am

You are correct. And yes, the first order of business is to clean the float and the machine. So many problems disappear when you start with a clean unit.