Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives drain pump

• drain pump

Posted by guest on November 14, 2016 at 12:00 am

We have a Fagor AW-120W. The manual implies it has a drain pump. I can’t locate it or find in the parts manual. Does it exist?

ectofix replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • john

November 15, 2016 at 10:23 am

Hi John,

I agree, this part is hiding somewhere. I cannot find it in actual parts diagrams, but it certainly does exist. This is the best reference I have found, and hopefully, with the unit in front of you, you will have better luck.

• ectofix

November 15, 2016 at 11:34 am

I didn’t find a manual for a AW-120W.  I did find these for an AD-120W…or whatever:

SERVICE MANUAL = http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/FGRC-AD-120W_iom.pdf 

PARTS MANUAL = http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/FGRC-AD-120W_pm.pdf 

Those manuals don’t appear to be available from Fagor’s website.

A drain pump is only mentioned in the schematic diagrams and in the troubleshooting chart.  I tried every possible description in search of it (in English and Spanish) using my PDF reader’s FIND option. 

Same results.  Not in the parts breakdown or mentioned in the install/operations text.

I suggest following the machine’s drain line back into the machine in order to happen upon it.  If this is indeed a door-type machine, they usually drain by gravity alone vice using any sort of a drain pump.  I don’t know anything about this Spanish product though.  Never seen one.

For further assistance, I suggest going to this link and contacting Fagor directly:

Contact us | Fagor Industrial 

• ectofix

November 15, 2016 at 11:40 am

It’s worth mentioning that for odd or awkward install configurations (such as maybe a machine that’s set up to drain to a standard sink’s drain plumbing vice a floor drain), SOME dish machine manufacturers may offer an OPTIONAL drain pump for situation when gravity alone obviously wouldn’t work.