Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums saturn stm49f. control displays upn. and i don’t believe it ever goes in defrost

• fixbear

March 3, 2018 at 8:24 am

Never seen a Saturn cooler.  Another import from China that is under supported and minimally built.  Very little documentation out there and is is always starts with chinese titles.  Defrost sensor is just  potted in  a plastic pouch instead of metal case.  Dedicated control board instead of using a Dixel.  Rant over.

There is not much available for this freezer.  Including parts yet.  They use a custom power control board for each model.  I suspect you probably have a sensor problem. here are 2, one to sense box temp and one for defrost.  It looks like this;

But what you need to do is ohm out the 2 sensors for error.  Make sure the door switches are working correctly,  and that the fans come on.   The PCB should be doing a defrost every so many hours. The defrost thermistor is what tells it “the ice is gone, we can go back to cooling”.  You may want to confirm that the heaters get power during the defrost cycle.

• john

March 7, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Looks a lot like a True unit, though as fixbear noted there’s differences under the hood. Unfortunately, it looks like you may have an uphill battle with service. I tried the number in their manual–it’s disconnected. Their listed address is no longer theirs.

I thought they may have disappeared, but I did find a website! 

http://www.thinksaturn.com

Service Request 

For service details, you’ll have to email info@thinksaturn.com 

I called their number 877-877-9805, but they say to contact the email for service. I wouldn’t expect a fast reply here, sad to say. 

Let us know how this goes!

-John