Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums i need to convert a 6 burner commercial gas stove w/ a 3 burner griddle from standing pilot to electronic sprak ignition. are there kits available to do this

• fixbear

July 17, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Make and model?

• ectofix

July 17, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Not very likely.

Your appliance is identified by a specific model number and serial number.  Those correlate to how that unit left the factory as engineered to meet UL, NSF and numerous other regulatory standards.  Its listed with those regulatory entities as it was made.  Its design cannot be altered from that.  A company that does that becomes liable for problems incurred (minor or catastrophic).

What modifications that are available would be be very limited and can only be done properly by a designated service provider.  The modifications would be appropriately documented so that the unit is still allowed it to meet factory standards.

Your request is certainly not one I’ve ever heard of.   It would not be cheap.  It would not be simple.  By just my picturing it, it would INDEED be a very INVOLVED modification.  Primarily regarding the gas plumbing and possibly on the electrical side.

If you have any clue as to who made it and can get a model/serial number, I suggest that you call the manufacturer and ask them what can be done.