MemberJanuary 28, 2017 at 12:00 am
Dixell display not turning on, brand new temperature controller installed today.
MemberJanuary 28, 2017 at 11:19 am
Anyone got any ideas to why this is happening
MemberJanuary 29, 2017 at 2:10 am
Did you check supply voltage and wiring? And test the thermocouples..
MemberJanuary 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
If the display on your Dixell XR02CX flashes on and off, you do need to test supply voltage as fixbear mentioned.
It is possible, too, that the Dixell timer may be affected by some other electrical equipment whether in the fridge or from another piece of equipment connected to the same system.
Let us know if you figure out the issue, we’d love to know how you solved it!
MemberJanuary 30, 2017 at 9:47 am
It sounds like a bad ground or connection. The fact that it is making temp tells me it may be a wiring issue. Check the ground of the whole unit, not just the controller. Might be why the first one went bad to begin with.
MemberJanuary 30, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Is this a single or double thermocouple installation? Check that the sensors are not close and parrelel to motor wiring as it will produce induction. Sometimes hard starting compressors will create surges as well. There should be a factory suppresion at the motor starter. It may be bad and the cause of the original problem. I have seen where someone did compressor work and said it isn’t needed.
MemberJanuary 30, 2017 at 6:03 pm
I want to add something here. I have come across a high resistance neutral service wire form the power pole into the building more than once.. It can cause all single phase 110 equipment to go to as much as 230 volts or any voltage in between. Depending on the leg loads and the amount of resistance that the neutral has. Brutal on electronics and transformers. If you see lights dimming or getting brighter during load changes, you should check. If you are not electrically qualified, you should contact a electrician that is. It is capable of burning a building down.
(Had a customer lose one due to it. His house was on the same service, but only had to repair/replace the furnace control, oven, washer microwave TV and dryer .) Another customer was only burning out light bulbs.
MemberFebruary 3, 2017 at 3:02 pm
What fixbear is talking about is a open, or loose neutral. Have an electrician check the outlet that it is plugged into. Also have him check all the neutrals in the panel. If one is loose, they all could become loose.
Log in to reply.