Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives CMA Energy Mizer AH2 peristaltic pump issue?

• CMA Energy Mizer AH2 peristaltic pump issue?

Posted by guest on August 20, 2015 at 12:00 am

Hello,

We have a CMA Energy Mizer AH2 and are having trouble with the detergent a sanitizer liquids getting up the tubing. We replaced all the tubing elements and still the liquids don’t go higher than a couple of inches up the tubing. The rotating parts seem to be doing their job and are going round… any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

patisserie replied 8 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

August 21, 2015 at 5:43 am

I hate messing with those, since I invariably will get those strong chemicals on my hands.

Troubleshooting those is a process of elimination in search of kinks, potential internal blockage due to solidified chemical or anyplace that’s causing it to suck in air such as a loose connection or a leak in the tubing on the suction side.

Do a visual inspection of the hose – starting at the pickup tube inside the chemical bottle, to the pump, then from it to the machine.  You’ve already replaced the pump’s hose, which I would’ve done too.  The pickup in the chemical bottle is often the other problem area.

If you think it may be an internal blockage, I recommend replacing ALL of the tubing – including the pickup stem.  It’s simpler, safer and you’d be done with it.

• patisserie

August 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

Thank you for your prompt answer. We double checked for blockage after replacing all of the tubing, and that’s not it… could the little wheels in the rotating parts be the problem? i.e. being worn out and not applying enough pressure to move air properly?