Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Priming the rinse agent pump?

• Priming the rinse agent pump?

Posted by guest on May 2, 2017 at 12:00 am

I put a new line 

On the rinse agent pump how do I go about priming it ?

john replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • john

May 2, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Hello,

To prime the rinse aid pump on a Jet Tech, follow these steps from the manual of a Jet Tech F18:

1) Turn OFF the machine, pull the overflow, and drain the wash tank. The wash tank must be empty as priming is done during the fill cycle.

2) Get access to rinse-additive pump. Turn the adjusting screw on the rinse pump approximately 10 turns counter clockwise, allowing maximum travel for the piston. The screw may fall out but this is not a problem. Just remember how many turns you had made when the screw fell out.

3) Turn the machine ON and count to 5, then turn the machine OFF and count to 5, do this several times, until the liquid is drawn up the tube to the rinse pump. Because the pump works when the water solenoid opens, causing the water pressure to push the internal piston, you should be able to see the liquid travel the length of the tube.

4) Once the liquid as reached the back of the pump, turn the adjusting screw on the rinse pump clockwise all the way in and counter-clockwise 3 full turns. The rinse-aid pump can pump up to 3cc of rinse-additive (drying agent). The liquid is injected directly in to the booster tank.

I hope this helps!

-John