Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Hobart A-200 parts ordering

• Hobart A-200 parts ordering

Posted by guest on January 15, 2019 at 12:00 am

Hi, 

Hobart A-200, serial #1118742, Spec – 3943.  How to order the correct parts and know that they are correct.  Suspect bad gear – worm.  May also R&R bearings, seals and grease. 

ectofix replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

January 15, 2019 at 5:05 pm

I understand your predicament.  Hobart made that model of mixers for DECADES.  Through the years, there were over a half dozen parts manuals…just to cover all the renditions of the A200. 

Changes and variables in their designs are identified by offering up the model, serial number AND the M/L number.  The fact that you’re referring to a “spec” number instead of a M/L number means yours is O-L-D.

Earlier Hobart manuals have their parts section as part of the owner’s instruction manual.  Here’s the earliest for your mixer – published in 1953.  It actually says “specification 3943” on the cover:

https://resources.itwfeg.com/sites/resourcecenter/ProductDocumentation/F5577.pdf#search=F5577 

Here’s a later manual I found which refers to mixers with a “M/L #3943” – published in 1966:

https://resources.itwfeg.com/sites/resourcecenter/ProductDocumentation/F3511.pdf#search=F3511 

Refer to these as you wish, but your best bet for identifying the parts you need…AND THEIR AVAILABILITY – is to call Hobart.

Contact Us | Hobart 

• drewhaa

January 17, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Thanks for the information and the manuals.  I’ll call Hobart.  I figured that this would proprietor information and they wouldn’t be willing to share it.  

Thanks again!

• ectofix

January 17, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Hobart handily provides parts manuals for just about everything…and do so better than most other manufacturers.  It’s their service manuals that they keep proprietary.

For future reference, simply go to their website, then click on the RESOURCES tab at the top:

Premier Foodservice Equipment | Hobart 

Their resource center provides all of their documents published for use by the consumer and non-Hobart techs.