Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Trying to get an oven door apart on a 60L 10 burner hobert stove, bolt fell out of rod that holds rocker arm and rod slipped out

• fixbear

April 19, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Are we talking about a 60L vulcan hart double standard oven?  Called a 90 series.

• ectofix

April 19, 2018 at 6:07 pm

Emil Lehosit asked,

Trying to get an oven door apart on a 60L 10 burner hobert stove, bolt fell out of rod that holds rocker arm and rod slipped out

You’re trying to take the DOOR apart?

Unless a parts manual model # has a parts breakdown of it, taking apart a door is not normal practice by technicians.  There’s no breakdown of a Vulcan 60L door.  Nor for the very few Hobart ranges they made thirty years ago.

However, of the ONE Vulcan range oven door I’ve disassembled, there were screws around the door’s periphery to remove before taking it apart.  Then I pried the inner door skin out of the outer oven door skin.

THEN…I threw it all away and ordered a new one. Everything inside the door that supported the door’s hinge-pin and such was so rusted away that it wasn’t salvageable.

• fixbear

April 19, 2018 at 6:44 pm

And to add to Ectofix’s post, When you take that door apart, it warps and is almost impossible to get back together correctly again.