Home Forums Archives how do you take off the door of the ctc6

• how do you take off the door of the ctc6

Posted by guest on February 7, 2017 at 12:00 am

how do you take off the door of the ctc6

fixbear replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • techjoeb

February 8, 2017 at 9:12 am

It looks like there is a small piece that acts like the hinge at the top of the door that you remove. Here is the manual: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/ALT-CTP-CTC_spm.pdf  Specifically Page F1 and on. I hope this helps. 

-Joe 

• olivero

February 8, 2017 at 11:44 am

Well, if its anything like the OGS 20.20 by Cleveland’s Convotherm owned by what used to be Manitowooc and is now Welbilt.

Its going to be fun.

On the top there are 2 pieces of cast metal that are grooved together, 2 bolts keep them together, when you loosen it the door will start to sag and once its all gone, it pretty much falls on you. The dissapearing door has a slide guard which has to be removed.

Make sure you mark the position of the 2 pieces of cast metal, they align the door.

Best ‘o Luck

• fixbear

February 8, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Take off the top cover if it is over the hinge,(some years)  then the hinge cover and you will find 3 Flathead screws in the top hinge. Support door and loosen screws enough to raise hinge pin out of door.

• techjoeb

February 9, 2017 at 8:27 am
  • john

February 9, 2017 at 9:31 am

Maybe I am partial to the name “Manitowoc” having lived up north. But since Manitowoc also added so many other manufacturers (Lincoln, Delfield, Merco, Servend, just to name a few), I wonder how much confusion it will cause in the industry. Perhaps not as much as I think at face value. I suppose technicians will know first, and operators generally contact service and give the manufacturer info. Looks like I better start preparing for the change on the site.

• olivero

February 9, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Huh… Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.

• ectofix

February 10, 2017 at 6:42 am

olivero wrote:

Well, if its anything like the OGS 20.20 by Cleveland’s Convotherm owned by what used to be Manitowooc and is now Welbilt.

I haven’t figured out how to do multiple quotes, but here’s to you as well, John.

With things coming full circle, I imagine some of the older folks at Cleveland, Frymaster, Garland/U.S. Range, Lincoln, Merco/Savory and others are saying “Okay, time to retire”.

1980s to late ’90s:

I looked at an old Frymaster training manual today that I have at the shop.  It states that they were a part of the “Welbilt Corporation” back in 1998.   Indeed, they and the others listed above were exactly THAT back then.  I’m not sure when Delfield and Kolpak fell in there, but they did as well.

History of the Welbilt Corporation until 1996

2000:

Barring any specific details on who begat whom (I’m not trying to keep track), a corporate name change of the British company that owned Welbilt led to Enodis in the year 2000 – and the name soon supplemented each of those manufacturers’ titles on all of their manuals.

Et  cetera.

2008:

Manitowoc, formerly known for making cranes and ice machines (that I know of) bought Enodis.  SO, all of those manufacturers then answered to Manitowoc since then.  Manitowoc kept the Enodis halo.

Feb 2017:

So NOW, they (the Manitowoc Foodservice Group) is changing their name back to one that they had twenty years ago.  WELBILT.

It’s all about as confusing as being a modern-day genealogist.