Home Forums Archives I have a model C10HAPB2   ice maker need a tech Manuel on

• I have a model C10HAPB2   ice maker need a tech Manuel on

Posted by guest on February 12, 2017 at 12:00 am

Makes ice but does not cube it comes out in sheets

fixbear replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • ectofix

February 12, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Maybe if you can share who the manufacturer is, then somebody can help you.

My guess is Ice-O-Matic, but with only a hint of a connection between your model number and that name on the world wide web, I came up with nothing.

• john

February 13, 2017 at 8:56 am

Here’s a link to two manuals for the Ice-O-Matic C Series.

I believe you will need the first manual, given the apparent age of this unit, and that the B in the series designation means this model is electro-mechanical.

Ice O Matic C Series Diagnostic_Cubers Before 1988.pdf 

Ice O Matic B_EC_and_ECP_Series_Tech and C Series After 1988.pdf 

• john

February 13, 2017 at 8:58 am

ectofix, you’re going to love this. This is an Ice-O-Matic unit, made back when it was owned by Welbilt Co., before becoming an Ali Group brand. 

In any case, we know it’s part of the C-series, and a few other details. I will link the manual momentarily.

-John

• fixbear

February 13, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Now that we know that it is a 100 lb computerized Ice-O-Matic, check the thermister on the tail coil of the evaporator.

• john

February 13, 2017 at 2:57 pm

I believe this is an electro-mechanical unit, actually. 

• fixbear

February 13, 2017 at 3:43 pm

John, never seen a 100 lb that wasn’t a under counter. In my tech book I can not find this model,(covers 1988 to 2002) yet the format is Ice-O- Matic. It problaby makes about 60 lbs per day, and If it is it was accually made under contract by Intermountain in Colorado.They made machines for Scotsman and manatowoc as well, all the same but name. We need more info to be able to determine what. I’ve worked on hot wire machines from the 50’s forward including the bottom spray Kold Draft with the movable ice plate.

• fixbear

February 13, 2017 at 4:00 pm

sorry, mechanical timer. the relative part is that we know it to be a harvest timer problem because the bridge is too thick. Perhaps it has gotten cold from ambient?  Otherwise, the Thermostat that sets harvest is off. Conductivity from tail coil to the sensing bulb, or mechanical failure of the thermostat, or miss calibration, or a long shot, low charge. But ice plate would rule that out unless we are mushrooms.

• john

February 13, 2017 at 4:32 pm

I’m not sure, but from the look of this picture, it isn’t an under counter machine.

http://summitauctions.hibid.com/lot/26667815/welbilt-ice-o-matic/?ref=catalog 

This auction site referenced a “Welbilt Ice-o-matic under counter ice machine. Appears in good condition. Model C10HAPB2. 3 way ice style selector, NSF approved.”

Perhaps I was mistaken with my model number explanation earlier as well. If I had to guess, though, this model came before 1988. I am hoping OP (the original poster of this question) comes through with more information on this unit. 

• fixbear

February 13, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Yep, that’s a under counter from the 70’s with a tilt out door. 18 inches wide. Drifts a lot with variations in ambient temp. makes between 40 and 60 lb’s per day. And, the thermostats that controls ice harvest is special and near impossible to get. I have the same machine in the yard as a dead one for the same reason, but it’s got a Scotsman brand on it and white in background color.with wood bottom panel over the condenser area. I hope you have better luck finding documentation on it than I’ve had. One of the two knobs is ice bridge thickness adjustment (cube size).  It is common for the sensor cap to rub a hole through where it goes from the top right back into the evaporator tail coil.

• john

February 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm

The 70s? That thing has been making ice since before I was born -_- 

As far as finding a manual–if the C series (before 1988)  that I linked above doesn’t have the information, I am hard pressed to find a more suitable manual. It is possible the manufacturer will have one in the archive somewhere. I’ll look around.

-John

Page 1 of 2