Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Water in unit

• Water in unit

Posted by guest on October 15, 2016 at 12:00 am

Model #SP60-16 I have water in the unit.  I have taken the drain tube off & it is not clogged.  It seems to be clogged before it gets to the drain tube.  How do I get to it & fix it?

ectofix replied 7 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

October 15, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I take it the drain tube you took off is one located outside of the box?

With that being a prep table, it’s possible that foodstuff may have accumulated inside the drain pan that’s below the evaporator (cooling) coil inside of the box.  That can be a might tricky to clean out if you’re not handy with a screwdriver.

Some manufacturers (I don’t know about Norlake) design those units so the evaporator coil’s cover completely blocks any access to that inside condensate pan area.  WHY?  I don’t know.

So you might need to remove the evaporator cover to get to it.  If you try that, BE SURE the cooler is unplugged.

I’ve seen prep tables get so clogged up and nasty inside that they justified the need to roll the unit outside and blast away at it with a water hose.  If you try that, be sure to just spray the INSIDE of the box.  Don’t direct any water at the outside.  The compressor, condenser fan (for the outside coil) and other electrical stuff may not take getting wet too gracefully.