Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives bki rotisserie model vgg 8

• bki rotisserie model vgg 8

Posted by guest on November 14, 2015 at 12:00 am

BKI rotisserie vgg 8 heating element engages when power switch is turned on and shouldnt until recipe setting is selected and go pushed. Contactor will disengage when fan cover is removed and interlock switch is released. So what is causing element contactor to engage before it should  Could it be bad interlock or bad power switch?

scottarchway replied 8 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

November 15, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Never seen nor worked on one, but I’ll try to help:

You’re need to troubleshoot that with a meter.  The main contactor (R1) will close when power is turned on.  The heat contactor (R2) is controlled by the controller (TC2).  R2 shouldn’t receive coil voltage until TC2 is set to call for heat.  If R2 is closing unintentionally, then TC2 may is bad.

The schematics (ladder diagrams) are on pages 37 thru 41:

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/BKI-VGG_spm.pdf

I looked the part numbers up. As with most electronic controllers that manufacturers use, a replacement is pricey.  The part number is in the ladder diagram.

• scottarchway

November 15, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Thank you for that advice I thought that could be the case too was hopping not though however it makes more since. Thanks again

scott

• scottarchway

November 15, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Thank you for that advice I thought that could be the case too was hopping not though however it makes more since. Thanks again

scott

• ectofix

November 16, 2015 at 5:28 pm

I do suggest that you call BKI tech support before taking the plunge.  Like I said, I’ve never worked on one of those before, so I could be wrong.

I was wrong just today on troubleshooting a bar glass washer.  First time this year, I think….