Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Water line adapter

• Water line adapter

Posted by guest on October 7, 2015 at 12:00 am

I can’t figure out what adapter I need to connect my water line to my new QM30?

ectofix replied 8 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • abialas

October 8, 2015 at 11:20 am

Hey Stephanie,

The water line and the adapter for the QM30 is a local pickup.

These are general plumbing parts. For this unit you would need a 3/4″ hose bit connection to connect the unit to the water line.

Any more questions please let us know

• ectofix

October 8, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Stephanie, the installation manual says that a 3/4″ male pipe connection feeds water to that machine, but 3/8″ diameter tubing can feed it.  So, you can purchase a 3/4″ MPT x 3/8″ compression adapter, then purchase a supply hose of suitable length to feed that from a dedicated 3/8″ stop valve, then that should work.  For warranty purposes and for proper function of the machine, that’s what Manitowoc recommends.  Of course, if you’re doing a T-fitting off a sink supply, then it gets more complicated and you’d need those fittings as well.

If you have abnormally high water pressure (above 80psi), a water pressure regulator would be required.  Additionally, if water quality is an issue in your area, the a suitable water treatment system will be required.

Drainage is another factor.  An ice machine puts allot of water down the drain – especially during a harvest.  You will need a minimum 5/8″ diameter drain system installed with proper slope and ventilation.  The machine and the bin must have separate drains.  Your floor drain must be of sufficient size to accept the output of your ice machine as well as other fixtures drain into it.  The drains should be insulated to prevent condensation.  Water leaving the ice machine is very cold and would cause moisture from that condensation on the drain pipe to drip onto the floor and cause a slip hazard.

I hope this helps.