Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums i have jet -tech f18-dp, when the machine runs, water leaking on the floor alot, what’s wrong with my machine please help-thanks

• fixbear

May 23, 2017 at 12:58 pm

The most common problem with under-counter dishwashers is the house drain become clogged from grease buildup. Does it seem to come sudden and heavy at the end of the wash cycle,  or slow and constant?   If slow and constant it may be a fitting connection or pump seal.   Also the anti siphon valve in the top back can get a mineral build-up that prevents it from closing That upon filling and rinse will dribble down on the floor in the rear.. 

If you can give us a better description of the leak and where you first see it would be a big help. Also if you please register, it would make communicating to you and us a lot faster.

May 24, 2017 at 12:51 am

i think our machine has the house drain become clogged from grease build up, and it seem to come sudden & heavy at the end of the wash cycle, what can i do to fix this problem? Thanks

• fixbear

May 24, 2017 at 2:34 am

Hire a plumber or drain cleaner outfit.

• fixbear

May 25, 2017 at 9:59 am

Optionally, you could but a drain cleaner,  But you need to know the drain distance and pipe diameter.  The grease does not plug up close to the machine, as it is to hot to congeal.  It will accumulate farther down the drain where the gray water cools below the temperature of the grease to congeal with the soap.  Often beyond the grease trap outside the building.  I had one that we had to dig up 400 ft of paved driveway and parking lot to fix. They didn’t pump the grease trap monthly.  Short cleaners for 50 ft or less start at $300. 2 inch pipe max diameter.  They also have hydro-jet  units now.  If you own a pressure washer, you can by hoses and a drain nozzle to jet it.  But it does get messy if your not familiar with the process.