Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Groen DH-40

• Groen DH-40

ectofix updated 2 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 4 Posts

June 15, 2017 at 12:00 am

I have a Groen DH-40. What are the LP specs for the orifices for the burner; ie, thread sizes and orifice size. Am in the process of rebuilding one that has been out of service for a few years.

• ectofix - Nashville

June 15, 2017 at 4:53 pm

If you’re someone who’s familiar with doing such a conversion, then why is it you come here to ask your questions?  Us folks who frequent TechTOWN didn’t make that kettle.

Any qualified and seasoned technician would know to call the manufacturer directly in order to get information and directions on converting a unit from one fuel gas to another.  I am one myself and that’s EXACTLY what I would do.  Besides…I want their approval for doing so.  If they don’t approve, then I don’t do it.

So, the best I can offer is what’s already handily available on PartsTOWN’s website.  An operator’s manual.  If the info you seek isn’t in it, then Groen’s phone number is on the last page of the manual:

OPERATOR MANUAL – MODELS DH/DHT Domestic STEAM JACKETED KETTLE WITH STANDARD ELECTRONIC IGNITION

NOTE TO PartsTOWN

• A model DH-40 isn’t reflected in your list of Groen manuals, although the context of the manual I linked to plainly covers a DH-40.  Your list skips right over a DH-40.
    • The manual I linked to above is listed as a service and parts manual.  However…it’s not.  So why list it that way?
  • fixbear - ADK NY

June 15, 2017 at 5:43 pm

I don’t believe that the DH models were ever made for propane.  Could be wrong though.

• ectofix - Nashville

June 15, 2017 at 7:32 pm

The operator’s manual stipulates that “The unit must be specified for use with natural or propane gas”.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now