Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Does anyone know if it’s possible, to make a belt control NC13727-B for a Nieco broiler, turn the direction of the belt, the new one we installed, make the belt on the  broiler go the wrong way.

• Does anyone know if it’s possible, to make a belt control NC13727-B for a Nieco broiler, turn the direction of the belt, the new one we installed, make the belt on the  broiler go the wrong way.

Posted by guest on October 30, 2018 at 12:00 am

Does anyone know if it’s possible, to make a belt control NC13727-B for a Nieco broiler, turn the direction of the belt, the new one we installed, make the belt on the  broiler go the wrong way.

fixbear replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • john

October 30, 2018 at 2:22 pm

Hi steen,

Since you didn’t mention what model you have, I am not sure if this applies, but I did cross ref the part number you gave with a list of applicable models.

Some Nieco broilers have a reverse belt button to clear jams, however it appears that you must be actively pressing the button(s) to reverse the belt. So, yes, the belt can be reversed, but if your belt is always going the wrong direction, the control may have been improperly installed.

• fixbear

October 30, 2018 at 5:33 pm

DC motors are sensitive to plus and minus terminals.  If the wires get reversed the motor will run backward.

• steen

October 31, 2018 at 4:49 am

Hi John

Sorry for the missing info, the Broiler is a model JF143-E, and it’s placed at a Carl’s Jr. restaurant. (in Denmark, this is why it’s electric)

The motor does go the other way around, when I push the reverse button, but it’s not staying in the position, because it’s only a function

used to release the belt in case of problems, I also tried to change positive and negative, no luck.

So i am a bit confused, and have never seen this before.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

INTER-GASTRO A/S

Steen Tegner Gerschanow

Tel:       +45 43292060

web:     http://www.inter-gastro.dk<http://www.inter-gastro.dk/>

• steen

October 31, 2018 at 5:13 am

Yep this is correct, and I tried to change the terminals, not doing any differens, but thanks.

• fixbear

October 31, 2018 at 5:47 am

Was this originally a dial type control?

Why was the eight pin control replaced?

Was there any other work done than the control?

• steen

October 31, 2018 at 6:55 am

Hi !!

Nope the original was the same kind of controller.

The control was changed because it was burnt to pieces.

The main circuit breaker was changed, due to a loose connection on L1, this made so

much heat, that the breaker and the controller was melted.

• fixbear

October 31, 2018 at 7:38 am

Steen, there has been several electrical revisions on this series machine.  The one you are working on is special built for the user.  You should contact Nieco directly for a log in to access it.  Go to http://nieco.com/products/jf143e/  

Being the motor has 12 leads, it has to be a digital controlled brushless DC  A simple open pin on a connector will play havoc with it.

We don’t have any Carl’s Jr. on this side of the pond. So I don’t have what they built different for them.

• fixbear

October 31, 2018 at 8:02 am

If you have had that amount of damage,  You may want to check the house power and transformer taps to be in the correct position for the location.  Also the 24 volt bridge rectifier and motor cable. The controller operates on 24VAC, and just sends signals to the motor.  The motor has 24VDC from the rectifier.

• steen

October 31, 2018 at 8:14 am

Will do and again, thanks for your help.

Sendt fra min Samsung-enhed

• olivero

October 31, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Sorry guys, I can’t resist.

Det er da utroligt man kan finde en anden Dansker herpaa kan man vist godt sige!

Hvad er oddsene for det?

Teoretisk set kan en motor godt faa’s til at koere baglaens hvis det er det du vil, det kommer an paa hvad for en slags stroem den bruger, er det DC eller er det AC, jeg tror I danmark har I ogsaa 208 eller 220 VAC som normalt stroem hvor her I USA bruger vi 120V AC.

Hvis det de andre siger er korrekte om at den er specialt bygget, saa kan det godt passe. Hvad for en slags motor bruger den? Jeg har proevet det paa en Stat toster at vende statoren om og saa koerer den I den anden retning, ikke helt sikker paa hvordan det fungerede men jeg gaettede bare og det fungerede. Maaske er det muligt for dig?

Nu hvor jeg kiggede modellen op, de ser utroligt ens ud. Ser din motor saadan her ud? https://www.partstown.com/star/stahm-120287;sid=2BVhL6dZVBtgL_yD85dVIQ-Zu1YwAqfKvAI= 

Hvis der er en knap for at faa den til at koere baglaens kan du jo bare tage og aendre den maade ledningerne loeber paa og istedet for at have knappen til at koere baglaens, tag de ledninger og saet dem paa den “normale” retnings knap, ligesom du flytter de 2 rundt.

Har ikke et dansk tastatur herovre I USA, saa forhaabentligt forstaar du hvad jeg mener.

Who would’ve thought, another Danish guy.

In essence, I took a Star T14 toaster oven and flipped the stator around and it went the other way…. Works every time.

Page 1 of 2