Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a manitowok model sy0424a that the compressor will not start unless I phisicaly push in the contactor. there are no codes from the control board have checked the magnetic switch and the ice probe everything cycles like it should except for the comp

• I have a manitowok model sy0424a that the compressor will not start unless I phisicaly push in the contactor. there are no codes from the control board have checked the magnetic switch and the ice probe everything cycles like it should except for the comp

Posted by guest on August 20, 2019 at 12:00 am

the unit will start and the water flows normally the lights on the control board are lit no codes present but the compressor will not start unless I push in the contactor. could the control board be bad or the contactor have replaced the start relay.

fixbear replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

August 21, 2019 at 11:04 am

Not knowing if you have a energy efficient model or not, I can’t tell you what pins to check on the molnex plug as they are different. But with a DVOM set to AC 250 volt scale or auto, Check for power to the coil of the contactor winding. The 9 pin high voltage connector at the top right of the board.  Wire number 58 or 59 to 74 or 56. It should be line voltage. If you have votage, de power the machine, remove the plug and test for continuity of the coil with your ohm function.. If open (infinity) replace the contactor.  If you do not have power to it, you will need a control board.