Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a qf400 this is a older machine, when it makes ice most of the time (gets full) it will shut down of not make ice. after shut down .It will start  to make ice again for today but tomorrow morning there will be very little ice in the box. seems tour

• I have a qf400 this is a older machine, when it makes ice most of the time (gets full) it will shut down of not make ice. after shut down .It will start  to make ice again for today but tomorrow morning there will be very little ice in the box. seems tour

Posted by guest on April 26, 2018 at 12:00 am

it will stop making ice until you turn it off and then on.   

fixbear replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

April 26, 2018 at 5:36 pm

This is a flake machine..  But you need to give us a bit more information to figure out what you have wrong.  When weas it cleaned last?.  And has it always had Manitowoc CLEAR ice machine cleaner. not green.  Does it make and odd sounds?   Does the float valve hold water level at the correct level?  Or does it weep and always have water running down the drain.  Is the condenser cooling fan operating at speed and moving the proper amount of air?   Is the condenser plugged? 

It sounds like the machine may be going into safegaurd mode.  It then restarts after 1 hour and and try’s again.  You have to watch the indicator lights to see what is tripping it. Discharge temp, water level, or speed.  Then we can proceed to find it.  Usually cleaning the machine will solve your problem.  I’m going to include a service manual for this machine, but want to caution you that it covers all s and Q models. Make sure what you read pertains to your undercounter..

• ectofix

April 26, 2018 at 6:10 pm

fixbear wrote:

I’m going to include a service manual for this machine, but want to caution you that it covers all s and Q models. Make sure what you read pertains to your undercounter..

Is this the one?

Manitowoc Flake/Chiplet Model Ice Machines Flake Models QF0400/QF0800/QF2200/QF2300 Service Manual 

• fixbear

April 26, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Not the one I put up, but a better version for this poster.  Thanks.  And I don’t know where mine went.