Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Door

• Door

Posted by guest on April 6, 2018 at 12:00 am

My door on my ice machine won’t stay up. Do I need to buy a new door or are there parts available?

fixbear replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

April 6, 2018 at 7:12 pm

Depends on the BIN model.number. Look on the back for a tag. Bin’s and Heads are different. Bin’s store ice, heads make ice. Even if you have a Manitowoc Head, you may have a Scotsman or other brand Bin.  Next we get into capacity and width. They make bins from 200 pounds capacity to a thousand pounds and more.  So, how about we look around to identify what you want to fix.  Oh, most bin doors cantilever over behind the hinges.  Gravity holds it open.   Is something in the way that doesn’t belong?  Register so you can send pictures and show us some of it. 

• fixbear

April 7, 2018 at 11:23 am

I’m sorry, but I may have been thinking in to narrow of a window, as most of the ice machines we see are above 250 pounds per day.  I forgot all about the under-counters. But again, a model number and make  is all important to get you a accurate answer. Some of them have a sliding door. Often with a detent in the rear position to hold the door open.  Let us know.