Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Pizza Oven Stone Replacement

• Pizza Oven Stone Replacement

Posted by guest on December 27, 2018 at 12:00 am

Customer is waiting on pizza oven stones to get here and shipping is taking forever. What else could be used in the mean time?

kcbrezina replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • ectofix

December 27, 2018 at 6:15 pm

There are numerous styles of ovens to cook a pizza in.  Deck ovens.  Conveyor ovens.  Rapid cook ovens.  Convection ovens.  Standard ovens.  Artisan-style brick ovens.

Your question sorely lacks any adequate details.

ME? I just follow the instructions on the frozen pizza box.  But…I’m just feeding ME.

Please provide more info.  Maybe like your make and model of oven.

*     *     *     *    *     *     *     *    *     *     *     *    *     *     *     *

DISCLAIMER:  I don’t work here.  I’m just some equipment tech answering questions from my recliner.

I come here to help.  Your providing more info helps me help YOU. 

• fixbear

December 27, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Oh my, what to do.  Patience seems to come to mind as number one. Or one could pay for overnight shipping,  Or you could use the old stones till the new ones come in.  Oh wait, I bet they got smashed and trashed on removal.

• eritech1

December 27, 2018 at 9:42 pm

I just don’t get how they waited till it’s destroyed to the point that it’s un useable. 

Ive seen customers using upside down sheet pans of some sort.

• ares

December 28, 2018 at 1:35 pm

I have a stupid question, one which I have been aching to ask for a few years now. I am responsible for several Forno gas/wood hearth ovens, how in god’s name do you repair the stone deck when it becomes severely cracked? I dont know too many tiny masons that will fit inside the small opening where the pizzas go.

• ectofix

December 28, 2018 at 3:12 pm

We have a Wood Stone hearth oven.  The deck in it is cracking as well.  We called Wood Stone and asked them how to replace the cracked sections.  They told us we CAN’T.  They’re permanent.

• fixbear

December 28, 2018 at 7:15 pm

The best thing is not to crack them.  Cracking to the stones once seasoned is only possible if they were not bedded right in the build or they got cold shucked in one area.  Usually by a careless spill of cold liquid. Operator error is hell.  If you find the edge of the crack has lifted, that means that it was not bedded right on the build. 

MASONRY WILL NOT TAKE QUICK TEMP CHANGES OR IMPACT.!

• fixbear

December 28, 2018 at 7:38 pm

ares,  there are no stupid questions.  Asking honest questions are how all of us learn.  Sometimes the answers are easy,  but often they go much deeper than we realize.  And then you find some that don’t want the answers because of the cost or action that the answer demands.  Ostrich syndrome..

• kcbrezina

January 17, 2019 at 2:39 pm

thanks for your feedback. Customers bought a refurbished oven without stones. Unfortunately shipping to Hawaii is a pain in the butt and getting the stones here un-cracked is painstaking and stressful. Thankfully the issue was resolved. Although, customer was upset ONE stone of six was cracked and therefore dubbed it “unusable”. Oh the joy of customer sales. 

• kcbrezina

January 17, 2019 at 2:42 pm

Yea you’re right. I was in a rush and posted unclearly. Oven was a deck pizza oven, refurbished for LP and without stones. Customer knew this going in and unfortunately shipping to Hawaii is painstakingly slow and expensive. Ordered 6 stones, had them shipped in and one of six was cracked so customer deemed it “unusable”. talk about stress. Thankfully the situation was handled. I appreciate the feedback though.

• badbozo2315

January 17, 2019 at 3:36 pm

While you said it was a “deck pizza oven”, I hope you don’t mean a “steel deck baking oven”, and expect to just put the stones on top of the steel deck…

Where else would the original stones go?

Page 1 of 2