Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Garland Deep Fryer ED-15SF-0012

• Garland Deep Fryer ED-15SF-0012

Posted by PhoVietnam on May 1, 2023 at 11:49 am

Hi, my wife operates a small restaurant and the deep fryer has stopped working. The reset button does not correct the problem. The outlet voltage is correct. Looking for a wiring diagram, trouble shooting suggestions and suggestions on possible part replacements. Thank you.

fixbear replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

May 1, 2023 at 12:51 pm

By what you provided, you have a countertop Garland electric fryer. With and appliance, troubleshooting is paramount to parts replacement. Just a thermostat for one of these is over $700.

But what you need to do is get out a good DVOM and check the circuits. Your problem will be either the thermostat control, the Contactors, the wire connections, or the heating elements. It may also be the power supply to the control circuit or the high safety limit. I don’t have a wiring diagram for this machine, but there should be one inside of it somewhere. Usually the cover over the electrical relays.

• fixbear

May 1, 2023 at 1:06 pm

By the way, the most common problem is usually with the contactors. Open coil or burned contacts. Because all 3 coils are not heating, it may be in control though.

• PhoVietnam

May 2, 2023 at 3:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Decided to start with the basics and checked the switch, it was burnt open. Bought a new switch, connected it and nothing. Checked for the control voltage and nothing. The control wiring is behind the contactors. I haven’t tried removing them yet. I also assume the control voltage wiring goes through the reset switch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• fixbear

May 2, 2023 at 9:00 pm

The parts list shows a board with a low voltage transformer. That will supply the control power. I think it’s below the contactors.

Did you find a wiring schematic? If so take a picture of it. If I have that I can tell you more and what values you should have where and when.