Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Other questions Globe Slicer #3750

Tagged: 

• techtownmayor

November 5, 2019 at 11:31 am

Thanks for posting the question, especially helpful that you included these photos.

Keep an eye on the thread for replies from the community or make sure you enable “Notify me of replies via email” for instant notifications. 

• olivero

November 5, 2019 at 11:52 am

What’s not working? The knife? 

Is the chute supposed to be automatic moving back and forth? 

If the knife doesen’t spin it could be the nylon gear off the motor is shredded and the steel worm gear coming off the blade drive is not doing anything. 

If it’s the transmission, there’s a latch you pull to get it to switch to automatic, there’s a clutch mechanism inside with a spring on it, if those springs break or wear out, it won’t allow it to switch over. 

So which one is it?

• stevem

November 5, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Auto has a direct drive DC motor, most likely the board but you can check the brushes and power switch. 

• wolfmen84

November 5, 2019 at 12:22 pm

It was working and I try turning on the switch and it didn’t work anymore. So I hook up the switch direct and switch is working. How do I know if the board and brushes are good? 

• tonyr

November 5, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Test the in coming voltage to board or test voltage to motor.

• fixbear

November 5, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Your slicer has 3 interlocks on it to prevent accidental running if not correct.  First make sure the power light is lit.  One is on the cut thickness knob.  If closed it will not run. set the thickness wider to test.  The is another on the blade drive transmission that has to have the blade cover fully locked in to run.  The third in on the bottom plate for the chain protection.  The control board is only for the DC carriage motor.

• olivero

November 5, 2019 at 3:20 pm

What is not working?

Is the blade not spinning or is the auto driving of the chute not working?

• fixbear

November 7, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Hey Wolfman, did you figure it out?