Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Help with Norlake Model # SE56-210B-EE

Tagged: 

• Help with Norlake Model # SE56-210B-EE

Posted by money on January 15, 2020 at 11:21 am

Hi,

Trying to identify a part # for a Norlake Freezer. 

Looking for whats either called a Distribution Cone System or a Distribution Tube System.

Serial # E09L4950020100

I believe it is part of the Evaporator.

Thank you in Advance! 

fixbear replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • beef

January 15, 2020 at 11:36 am

Is that evaporator model and serial? What gas type

• beef

January 15, 2020 at 11:49 am

Got norlake looking for the part number, said the part and evap aren’t sold separately, so possible that you’ll have to get after market or a new evap system. 

• money

January 15, 2020 at 11:51 am

Thank you very much!

• money

January 15, 2020 at 11:52 am

And yes that is the Evap Model and Serial. 

• fixbear

January 15, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Money, you have a Witt evaporator that is rated for 21,000 BTU’s  Sporland makes the refrigerant distributor and cone orifice.  You’ll have to go to a refrigeration house like United for this. Make sure you have the expansion valve information and the number of tubes the distributor has.  Because of residual braze being a problem to clean, If the 1/4 inch tubes have corrosion make sure to have some extra on hand and a tube expander it you have to cut them back and then extend them.

By the way, the distributor will have a Sporland number on it. 

I’ve had to replace a few in high acid environments.

• fixbear

January 15, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Money, your also going to either provide heat protection or gut the TXV to prevent coking of the oil in the valve.  Make sure to have dry nitrogen on hand. If the tube from the expansion valve is over 3 inches long,  You can go to a welding supply shop for a tube of heat sink that you can apply with a cauking gun.

• money

January 15, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Thank you Sir! I appreciate all your help once again. I will send this info on to my customer which will help him with Sporlan or United

• beef

January 15, 2020 at 3:30 pm

<div>Part number I got from norlake </div>

• money

January 15, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Thank you.

I actually ended up coming across that part # which I believe is called a Distributor Assembly, but dont have a pic or scematics it but i do know Parts Town is adding it to thier site shortly. 

Good work though!

• fixbear

January 16, 2020 at 6:13 am

I’m  wondering why someone thinks that the distributor is a problem. Irregular ice build up?  Or one evaporator circuit not cooling?  The most common cause of this is a oil problem with a under capacity condenser with a pressure limiting TXV.  The lowest circuit in the evaporator gets flooded with oil over time and  prevents refrigerant flow.  This is something we saw only in walk-in freezers with the wrong grade of oil when the pressure limiting valves first came out.  (Z charge)  Normally with the condenser above the evaporator and no oil trap on the evap.   I haven’t run into it since we left mineral oil, but I suppose it is possible.