Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Help with Vulcan Hart Model # 972RE-3

Tagged: 

• Help with Vulcan Hart Model # 972RE-3

Posted by money on January 16, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Hi.

I have a customer that has a Vulcan Gas Flat Too Griddle Model # 972RE-3 and ML# 13522500G72.

They need a flame switch for the unit and have ordered one from Parts Town and a couple other Vendors part # 00-714321, Flame switch 30″ Capillary. She Has received this part 3 times and is the same part but the Flame switch she is trying to replace is only about 14″ Capillary and the plug is about 3 times the size then then ones she has ordered.

My guess is that this unit might have been rigged in the past with an aftermarket part but wanted to get a professional opinion from you guys. 

Let me know if you can help.

Thank you 

See attached pic of the one they currently have in place. 

beef replied 4 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

January 16, 2020 at 6:18 pm

This is why I prefer to not address DIY questions.

The length is fine.  Just carefully coil up the excess length so it can’t touch anything electrical.

I don’t know what you mean by plug.  It’s just two wires.

As long as the new one has the same mounting holes, it’s all good.

If there are still some issues, I suggest that she call Vulcan tech support.

• ectofix

January 16, 2020 at 6:27 pm

I’ll add one more thing (for some humor):

PLEASE advise your friend that cutting and splicing the capillary back together to make it SHORTER…is NOT an option.

Yes, I’ve actually seen a DIY/owner/operator do EXACTLY that…and then attempted to return it as a defective part.

BTW:  I do NOT work for PartsTown.  I’m here upon my own accord, at home…doing what I do when at home.

• fixbear

January 16, 2020 at 9:01 pm

It’s not uncommon for the manufacturer to change the sourcing and spec to cover more models and reduce inventory.   Also sometimes the original doesn’t provide the designed service life, so it gets redesigned and upgraded. By using a larger diaphragm like this one gives it a wider window with combustion error.If the electrical connections are in a plug, one might have to replace the connections.

• beef

January 17, 2020 at 6:15 am

I’ve seen 3 different types of flame switches for that unit. As long as it can mounted safely, and the bulb fits the pilot assembly, the rest is a pretty straight forward. May be possible you’ll need a retro fit kit that didn’t come with it.