Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Food Prep Hobart HL 662 dough mixer wont start

• Hobart HL 662 dough mixer wont start

Posted by fixitnow on March 28, 2020 at 9:16 am

Hello. The mix motor doesnt start when start button is pressed and the timer doesnt start counting down. The motor contactor pulls in, but there is no output from the VFD . This is a new VFD. looking for any suggestions or service documentation . thanks

fixbear replied 4 years ago 4 Members · 35 Replies
  • 35 Replies
  • ectofix

March 28, 2020 at 1:11 pm

What’s the part number of the new VFD? Is it OEM?

• fixitnow

March 28, 2020 at 1:18 pm

yes it is a hobart part #00-937463 its a little different than the old one but they supplied a wiring harness adaptor. it has a digital display, the old one didnt . the display matches whatever is on the timer display.

• ShawnF

March 28, 2020 at 2:21 pm

Ensure the wire safety cage and the mixing bowl are installed and locked in the closed position. If they are off even a bit it won’t make contact with the safety shut off and the mixer will not start.

• fixitnow

March 28, 2020 at 2:31 pm

thanks yeh im sure we are ok there becasue the contactor pulls in and if the cage isnt closed it doesnt ?

• ShawnF

March 28, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Here is a copy of the service manual for you unit. Maybe this will help you narrow down the problem.

• ShawnF

March 28, 2020 at 4:54 pm

Your and download a copy here if the attachment doesn’t work.

• ShawnF

March 28, 2020 at 4:57 pm
  • fixitnow

March 28, 2020 at 6:14 pm

Thank you so much! I dont think that manual covers this machine . the one im working on is an HL662 Legacy . would it be too much to ask for service manual for that? thanks again

• ectofix

March 28, 2020 at 6:15 pm

AW…Shawn. I thought you were on to something.

Unfortunately that manual is for the classic H600 series mixers. Fixitnow’s mixer is a newer Legacy series mixer (represented in the model number by the L in HL).

That manual has nothing to do with his HL662 mixer. Good on you for trying, though.

• ectofix

March 28, 2020 at 6:18 pm

@fixitnow

You indicated in another forum that a Hobart tech replaced the VFD. Why aren’t THEY addressing this issue? After all, (per you statement there) if they replaced a $2000 VFD and it still doesn’t work, then they should see this through for you.

BTW: The part number you gave me earlier (00-937463) is NOT the part number for the VFD.

I’m confused…

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Apparently Google is NOT my friend today.

Page 1 of 3