Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General HPCO Fault Manitowoc IY0304A-161

• HPCO Fault Manitowoc IY0304A-161

Posted by Anonymous on September 20, 2022 at 10:12 am

I have a Manitowoc IY0304A-161 that has error code E05 HPC fault. When I check the fault it says Possible Causes:
    Hot Ambient, Air Recirc, Filter Dirty, Cond Dirty. and Cond Wtr Off.
    The condenser coils and filter have just been cleaned, there is plenty of airflow behind the ice machine.
    I do not know much about these things, so any advice would be helpful.

fixbear replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

September 21, 2022 at 10:43 am

The high-pressure switch opens when there is not enough heat removed from the refrigerant gas at the condenser. It is a head pressure switch to protect the compressor. So, the air isn’t sufficient going thru the condenser, the pressure and heat will rise. As the gas pressure rises, the fan cycling switch closes for the fan to come on. Overpressure can also be caused by overcharge or tubing damage. Check with a flashlight that you can see through the condenser. Watch that when the compressor comes on that the fan comes on and goes to speed. You can feel the air to be coming out of the condenser to be about 10 to 15 degrees above ambient. Anything more and not enough air is being moved. FYI, some head limit switches have a manual reset. Not the Indigo’s But they do have a PSC motor that the Capacitor has to match very closely. It may run but overheat the fan motor with time if off.

In the touch screen you can monitor the compressor discharge by viewing T2. When you have that error, Manitowoc wants you to monitor compressor high side and see at what pressure the fan cycling switch comes in and out to verify it is in spec. Pressure switch depends on if you have R404 or R410.