Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Cold Side ICEOMATIC ICE0726FR

Tagged: 

• ICEOMATIC ICE0726FR

Posted by mtsaz100 on September 26, 2020 at 4:51 pm

HI- I have never worked on an ice machine but was asked to look at it when I was there to fix the walk in. The normal ice machine guy was sick. Anyway the machine supposedly stopped working one day. The pressures are (suction) 7-15, and discharge- around 200. When it goes into harvest it does seem to jump up to around 50-60 (pressure). The unit and remote condenser turn on/off about every 30 seconds- but the lines never get cold or hot- just room temp. I bypassed the safety switches- and same thing- so they are all working it would seem- and my concern is one of the solenoids. Its appears and acts like its low on freon but if so why is it jumping up to about 50-60 and back down. I see zero signs of leaking anywhere. I have traced every inch of the copper lines and inspected the coils carefully. I have used my h10 pro and found nothing. Anyone please? Help? I know I am out of my element- but am trying to help the customer here- thank you so much.

olivero replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 42 Replies
  • 42 Replies
  • fixbear

September 26, 2020 at 10:08 pm

First you have to understand the system piping. With a remote condenser it has a pumpdown feature to prevent flooding in the off cycle. It also has a head pressure control for low temp’s that keeps the head up even if low on refrigerant.

The sudden jump is when it goes into harvest. The hot gas valve opens.

But for that to happen, it has to go through the time freeze cycle. So check the evaporator plate sensor to be clean and that the spray manifold is delivering water in a normal even flow. If water contacts the sensor before the ice bridge forms it starts the timer cycle.

The fitting for the connection of the lines to the condenser commonly develop leaks. I usually hard pipe with silver braze and eliminate them.

Here is a service manual that covers it in detail. Most ice machine problems come from lack of cleaning. Always start with a good cleaning.

• fixbear

September 26, 2020 at 10:20 pm

The refrigeration system on ice machines is a bit more complex than a cooler. With this one you have a remote condenser with a pump down feature to protect the evaporator from flooding. It also has a head pressure control to keep the head up in lower ambient conditions. And a hot gas harvest valve to heat the evaporator. So you are probably correct on the low refrigerant condition. The jump up in harvest here is a big clue. It’s not high enough.

You can find a service manual here.

The quick connectors for the condenser are a common source for leaks.

• mtsaz100

September 29, 2020 at 9:09 am

Thank you for your help fixbear—for the manual too. I went and tried to recover refrigerant- got about 1/2 lb out of low side, and about 1/4 lb out of high. Then I wanted to pressurize with nitrogen to see if I can find leaks- but what blocks the passage of vaccum pump, nitrogen or refrigerant for that matter from going all the way thru? If I put nitrogen in low side- it doesn’t not blow out high side it eventually builds pressure as if its leaking around something. If I put the vaccum pump on the low side- and go to see if I can feel vaccum (suction) on high side (thru valve core tools)—nitrogen comes out. So what valve or solenoid is blocking the system from being open? surely its not a restriction—Do I need a magnet to open a solenoid? if so which one? Thank you

• fixbear

September 29, 2020 at 11:41 am

Thet is correct. If you look in the manual you will see a solenoid on the liquid line before the evaporator. Creates a barrier between the high side and low side along with the compressor valves.

• fixbear

September 29, 2020 at 11:43 am

Do you have a 4 valve manifold to use in vacuuming and charging?

• mtsaz100

September 29, 2020 at 1:53 pm

I have both high tech 650$ one and the old school one I use everyday. Note a hint of regret in buying that electronic one …..

• mtsaz100

September 29, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Fixbear on this unit …. another one ice0606 they need it removed off soda fountain so pepsi can fix soda fountain. Can I recover whatever is in lines and cut them so I can remove or do I need to actually remove it. I could pinch or braze cap on lines until I reinstall

• fixbear

September 29, 2020 at 2:11 pm

If it still has the quick connectors, Recover and just unscrew them. Some have self seal valves and some don’t. If you have tube expanders it’s easy to just cut and splice later. Also makes for just a single braze instead of a fitting and 2 brazed joints.. But you will have to replace the dryer. Depending on the site, and the piping, Ive seen the whole head just suspended from the bar joist above for a slide out of the dispenser. Of course every different site is it’s own problem.

• mtsaz100

September 29, 2020 at 2:17 pm

Hi I have tube expanders and was going to just cut lines and either use fitting or hydraulic expander as you said. The freon will remain in accumulator or compressor I guess and yes will change filter. Thanks

• fixbear

September 29, 2020 at 2:23 pm

I forgot to address the sealing. You can just install plastic caps like comes with refrigeration tubing. I don’t like using tape, due to the glue residue. But if you carry alcohol it’s not a problem. Non porous tape like scotch 33 works. If you have a abundance of tubing you can pinch and re-cut. But I’ve rarely seen that.

Just so you know, I’ve even seen milk carton cribbing and 2 pieces of thin angle iron to hold the head up as the dispenser is slid out. If it’s Pepsi, They are just going to swap it out and repair in a shop or trash. They lose money when no soda is moving.

Page 1 of 4