Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Koolaire KYT0300A

Tagged: 

• Koolaire KYT0300A

Posted by WagnerIce on March 6, 2023 at 10:42 am

I have a Koolaire KYT0300a that had the safety limit 1 light illuminated when I first got to the machine. I did a full cleaning on the machine and ran a cleaning cycle as well. The machine made 1 batch of ice in 18min and then the compressor turned off while making the next cycle. Doing more looking into the problem the fan on the machine would spin for 2-3 seconds and then turn off repeatedly throughout the entire next cycle but never made another batch of ice. The compressor turns on but i feel is getting over heated causing it to turn off. I have cleaned the condenser fins with compressed air and it seems to be free of dust even though there wasn’t much to begin with. What should my next step be?

fixbear replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Tito

Administrator
    March 6, 2023 at 3:16 pm

Have you made sure you have no clogging in the chute?

Make sure there is no sediment blocking the inlet.

After your first harvest are you seeing any ice on the mold or just water? Check thickness and float switches.

• fixbear

March 6, 2023 at 9:41 pm

Safety limit 1 is a long freeze cycle of over 60 min. You may want to check he water valve for leakage or the harvest float switch. If the fan is cycling on such short times, You may have a low charge or head pressure problem. But what confuses me is that the compressor stops. You may have a bad PCR motor starter or the compressor is in overload. Watch the amps during the cycle. And make sure that the fan motor has free bearings. Monitor the air flow and the temp of the hot gas at the head pressure valve. Liquid coming from the condenser should be just above room temperature. Downstream from the valve should be near the same.

How old is this machine and has it been checked with a level to be level? Very important with ice machines.