Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side Lincoln 2501

• Lincoln 2501

Posted by jessmatson on February 21, 2020 at 9:42 am

Hey guys my oven is not heating. I found the thermocouple was bad i just replaced that.. But i also noticed when i turn the oven on. It reads 345* But of course it doesn’t heat. I also do not have 24v to my SSR. Any other suggestions would be great.

olivero replied 4 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • ectofix

February 21, 2020 at 10:41 am

If it reads 345°, I take it that’s the setpoint?

So, from looking at the schematic, you said the SSR isn’t getting 24v. Make sure your meter is set to read DC voltage – NOT AC. I know the troubleshooting chart in the manual says to check for 24VAC, but that’s gotta be a typo. The SSR is rated to operate from 3 – 32 VDC.

BTW: Don’t be doing any voltage readings from ground. That will get you nowhere.

Also make sure to be checking for that same output from across the control board’s terminals J3-1 and J3-2.

Here’s the manual:

PARTS & SERVICE MANUAL Digital Countertop Series 2500

• fixbear

February 21, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Is the polarity correct on the thermocouple?

• jessmatson

February 23, 2020 at 5:07 pm

I got to work on it today.. The mainboard is bad. I took a board from my good oven and it worked just fine.. Other than the cooldown timer not working. And than the SSR started smoking.

So it’s going to become a parts oven. It also needs a touch membrane that cable broke. (or i’ll repair it).

• fixbear

February 23, 2020 at 6:58 pm

Are the two voltage setting correct for your imput power? Both the control board and low voltage tranformers have mutiple taps.

• jessmatson

February 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm

ya everything is correct.. it was the board.. getting nothing from J1 and J2. I think it fried when i tested it on a generator that was pushing way to many volts

• olivero

February 23, 2020 at 8:55 pm

That would probably do it, boards don’t like wrong voltages very much.

How much was the board?