Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Manitowoc 310A

• Manitowoc 310A

Posted by Anonymous on September 2, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Just installed a new machine, fresh out of the box. When the machine fills, the water reservoir in the back gushes water from the bottom tube and overflows. What would cause this? Everything works except this.

fixbear replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • ectofix

September 2, 2022 at 6:49 pm

You said fresh out of the box.

Did you install a drain pipe from the machine to the nearest floor drain?

• fixbear

September 2, 2022 at 11:43 pm

Thats not a Manotowoc model that I’ve ever heard of. Has to have letters at the beginning.

• fixbear

September 2, 2022 at 11:44 pm

I think we are getting baited by fakes. Thought they had to register to post.

• ectofix

September 4, 2022 at 8:07 am

There has been allot of questions by ANONYMOUS ever since the ASK A QUESTION button was added.

• fixbear

September 4, 2022 at 11:13 am

Yes, that would make sense that it’s a undercounter. But you still need the UD, UR, or UY to know for sure. There are other 310 lb. air cooled machines out there as well. And you do have to follow the install manual to pipe the drains for the ice section and the bin section. They also have to have a trap and air gap to the drain. And most important, a drain vent the right height. At least in my state. I had to set one up on 7-inch risers once just to drain it. It actually made it easier to get ice from. Bar personnel loved it. Manitowoc is very sensitive to being level and having adequate drain pitch. Little over 5/16 inch per ft instead of the normal 1/8. Otherwise it can back up into the bin temporally during a flush.