Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Problem with Rational scc101 electric, thermostat brocken inside the housing.

Tagged: 

• Problem with Rational scc101 electric, thermostat brocken inside the housing.

Posted by angel on June 11, 2021 at 9:27 pm

Hello everyone, the oven shut down unexpectedly burning the two glass fuses behind the control panel (the ones located in front off the thermostat control fuses). Measured both and the fuse attached to the boiler thermostat was gone (without popping out). By replacing it I had hard time getting the thermostat out of the housing in the boiler and the wire was cut leaving the probe stuck inside. I tried everything but could not take out its like 5 inches deep inside the pipe. I have putted the new one on top and the oven works. Is this very wrong and potentially dangerous????? I would appreciate any help we are in a small island and to bring a rational technician here costs almost a thou and needs more than a month to arrange.

ectofix replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

June 12, 2021 at 9:09 am

Interesting that you have a Combi-oven on a small Island since they require so much trained maintenance and support. Two important questions I have, is it in fact electric or Gas, and which of all the thermistors sensors are you are referring to. The way you have posed the question points me to the B1 cabinet sensor. But I want to make sure it’s not the steam generator (B5) you are talking about.

• angel

June 12, 2021 at 9:51 am

First thank you for your answer, actually the island is too crowded in summer months and old traditional buildings are small so as kitchens so rational is the only way.

Yes it is the electric model is the thermistor that connects to the boiler thermostat. The old probe has broken inside the probe pipe.

rational2 rational1
  • fixbear

June 13, 2021 at 11:56 am

is this the one your working on?

<b itemprop=”name”>40.01.329 DRY UP PROTECTOR

• angel

June 13, 2021 at 12:05 pm

yap exactly

• ectofix

June 14, 2021 at 12:53 am

The bulb of that high limit thermostat is retained by a springy, metal, L-shaped “keeper” (don’t know what else to call it) within the steam generator’s recessed tube that’s designed for the bulb. The diameter of that recessed tube is larger than the ‘stat’s bulb, so the bulb should not have gotten stuck.

Did you pull out that “keeper” when you attempted to pull out the thermostat’s bulb?

If not, then try that. The keeper must come out for the bulb to pull out freely. When you install the bulb of your new ‘stat, push it into the recessed tube the same time as the keeper.

Let me know how that goes…