Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side Rational we scc101g error 17

Tagged: 

• Rational we scc101g error 17

Posted by expyman on April 7, 2021 at 1:01 am

Worked on many rationals and have yet to be stuck on a way to repair one. This we 101g is taking me to the end of my patience. Changed pcb main relay board. Had what rational claimed a faulty sd card as well since the old one didn’t respond to the update.Replaced the Sd card with a new rational blank card. Followed the procedure with rational software recovery program from rational that i uploaded onto the white rational blank USB stick and nothing. Three days and error 17 unit mismatch showing up on the screen. This error is nasty as it pretty much locks you completely out of everything including most function tests on tech mode. Anybody have any bad experiences with a service 17 error ?

kidcater replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • nafets47

April 7, 2021 at 11:44 am

Kind of a shot in the dark here after looking at a manual regarding replacing the PCB.

Have you tried disconnecting power supply, taking out the fuses on the board, putting in the card, and white stick then putting in the control fuses and reconnecting power supply and then booting up machine?

• kidcater

April 7, 2021 at 11:58 am

Contact Rational and give units serial number, they will issue you some data

You need to have an empty USB stick and download software data to a computer

Data from Rational to white USB stick 1x directory _startexec, 1x file _startexec

Connect stick to unit and switch off and on again

Original data is restored

Run a self test

Confirm gas type setting and carry out a flue analysis

This should resolve error 17