Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Slushy Machine GHZ-228SF

• Slushy Machine GHZ-228SF

Posted by Cabela on May 3, 2021 at 5:13 pm

I have a Sencotel/Carpigiani GHZ-228SF slush machine. I am having an issue with the containers freezing on the outside and eventually inside after a few hours of running. I have the consistency turned all the way down and the thermostat turned all the way down for both sides. I am not able to find any troubleshooting information for this issue. I just don’t want to throw parts at it in hopes to fix. Is there testing procedures for the thermostat? Are they even the issue? I appreciate any help. Thank you.

fixbear replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

May 3, 2021 at 8:10 pm

Tell me more about your machine a Granitore or Granita? Electronic Temp control? Mix used? Are you leaving the refrigeration in II Till your ready to serve?

• Cabela

May 4, 2021 at 3:48 am

I believe it is a Granita. The book I found shows a mechanical temp control. The machine has a adjustable dial for each side. I start it up on freeze when I go to use it. I use 1 liter of flavor mix. 1.75 of alcohol. 1 gallon of water.

• fixbear

May 10, 2021 at 5:24 pm

Cabela, sorry I missed your reply on this. With the older mechanical T-stats you want to make sure that the capillary tubes are not kinked, damaged, or crimped, and that the sensing bulb is were it can sense the mix. A little corrosion on the bulb or where it mounts can mess with the sensing dramatically. Second, if it has a lot of age, the step lever in the control gets a groove on the pivot’s that can hang. Mount a thermometer probe on the bulb and a voltmeter on the thermostat and see if it repeats and drops out at the right temp. About 19 F.