Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side UV 61/101 Ultravent excess condensation

Tagged: 

• UV 61/101 Ultravent excess condensation

Posted by addenlamb on June 8, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem with excess moisture developing in the Ultravent. Its that excessive its nearly a running drip down the front left of the oven.

Both fan motors are running, the drain hose seems clear. There isn’t much in them so I dont quite understand why the moisture is developing in the hood and leaking instead of making it the the drip hose.

fixbear replied 3 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ectofix

June 8, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Never seen nor worked on those dedicated Rational hood systems.

Without doing a bunch of research, I can only suggest ensuring the oven isn’t pitched forward. The oven’s feet are adjustable, so check to be sure the oven sits level.

If your asking about a 61/101 combi-duo (which I NOW see might be the case) and the set is on casters or rollers, then that’s a unique challenge since that oven setup’s LEVEL can’t be adjusted like an oven on legs can. It might be a floor/installation issue. So, that might be a challenge for a technician on-site to resolve.

I DO NOT know if that hood’s placement (regarding level) on top of the ovens can be adjusted separately from the actual ovens. That might be something to look into.

• fixbear

June 9, 2020 at 8:42 am

Interesting! Is the door a left hinge unit? This is what I would be looking for.

Does the unit go to high speed when the door is opened?

Does the oven door leak? You can not normally see steam. Only if it is saturated. Check the top of the door.

Is the hood in a direct AC air flow? Or a lower ambient air.

Is the drain line and seal ring clear?

Hopefully answering these questions will find what you are looking for.

• ryantruck9

June 9, 2020 at 4:02 pm

Hi Addenlamb

If you stand in front of the unit can you lift the Ultra Vent by simply pushing the exhaust canopy up?

If so it may not have been installed correctly or some hardware has gone missing.

there should be a nut holding the hood to the Combi

one of the 3 bolts on the door hinge bracket should have been removed at installation and a 2 sided

stud threaded in. assuming you have a left hinged door

If not this check the drain hose on the Ultra Vent to make sure it isnt plugged or routed poorly to an open drain

• nafets47

June 18, 2020 at 4:17 pm

I would also check your door gasket perhaps there is a rip in it or that it is binding when closed which is allowing steam to come out and thus condensation on that specific side of the unit.

• fixbear

June 19, 2020 at 5:21 pm

I was hoping we would hear back from
    Addenlamb. Like to know how he made out and if he has solved the problem. I don’t believe there is many out there with that hood system. Though I did have one in Saratoga a few years ago.