Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side Waring CTS 1000B Toaster not heating

• Waring CTS 1000B Toaster not heating

Posted by olivero on February 11, 2020 at 2:06 pm

Alright, I got a new one today, a Waring CTS 1000B toaster, single phase 208V, 60 HZ and the serial is: 140925

Problem is it won’t heat, I’ve checked incoming power, it’s 205 or so V and the belt goes roundy but the heaters don’t turn on, 0 amp draw on them.

there’s 2 high limits on the unit it seems, one on the top heaters and 1 on the bottom, the one currently in question is the top one, just a regular KSD301-G bimetal thermal disc type thermostat. It was stuck open which I figured is wrong, I imagine it would open if the temp excceds, not when it’s cold.

I just got off the phone with Waring and they are sending me a wiring diagram but that hi-limit seems wrong off hand.

I cut it out and bypassed it, still no heat so I’m not sure where to go from here.

olivero replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

February 12, 2020 at 6:34 am

The small one might be open to control the cooling fan.  Close on rise.  The larger one is for the heat

• olivero

February 12, 2020 at 9:06 am

Yeah, wiring diagram didn’t make much sense.

Ended up taking the on/off or selector switch apart, turns out it’s a bunch of small switches, like limit switches with the center knob being a cammed shaft. One of them was broken, the “button” was mashed in all the way so you couldn’t engage it with the cam, replaced it and now it works just fine.

• olivero

February 26, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Well, got the same problem now.

Seems at this time I had a wiring diagram but now I can’t find one.

Anyone have the wiring diagram for this guy by chance?