Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I need to get a ice bend and machine that will fit into a space that measures 35-40 inches. air cooled 120v. I need to get a ice bend and machine that will fit into a space that measures 35-40 inches. air cooled 120v.

• john

February 9, 2017 at 9:18 am

Good morning,

Parts Town does not currently sell large equipment as you described. However, since you specified Manitowoc Ice as the brand you’d be most interested in, here are few useful links.

First, Manitowoc has a handy Ice Calculator to help you with your space concerns. It also has a few other questions to ensure you are getting the right ice machine for you–not too much, not too little. Manitowoc Ice – Ice Calculator 

Next, check out Manitowoc’s sales locators for the best location where you can see the equipment. Manitowoc Ice – Sales Locators 

I highly recommend reading about the different types of ice available through manufacturers. There can be a big difference depending on your business between dice, half dice, gourmet, and nugget ice.

Personally, my favorite is nugget ice. Nice and chewable. It has this sort of cult following even. I’ve been to some high class establishments where they use the large gourmet cubes which have a really clean look in a neat beverage. 

Ultimately, you must decide what ice is right for you. Perhaps some users on the forum here will have insight on what brands they think are the best and most reliable. Other options include Hoshizaki, Ice-O-Matic, Scotsman, and Follett.