Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives where do you find the model number on a walkin cooler where do you find the model number on a walkin cooler

• ectofix

June 4, 2016 at 7:02 pm

According to their website:

For services done to the box – the model and serial number is located above the door on the header. For service is to the refrigeration system – the model and serial number is located on a large 4″ x 6″ tag located on the base plate of the condensing unit.

This is pretty standard practice for walk-ins, since the refrigeration system is usually made by a different company from the actual box.

I just realized you’re the gentleman that was inquiring about Master-bilt door gaskets in another post.  Since your inquiries were two separate posts, I initially failed to make the correlation.

If you’re able to locate the data sticker above the door as suggested above, then snap a photo of the sticker (easier that writing it) and call Master-bilt at 800-647-1284.  They can direct you to a resource for replacing their door gasket.  If they actually stock the replacement, then good for them.

I don’t know about Master-bilt in particular, but I’ve called a few W/I manufacturers in the past who will simply give you another phone number leading you to THEIR suppliers of door gaskets – instead of being the actual source for getting one.  Kinda a run-around.  Oftentimes that other vendor will ask you to take measurements (in a manner which they will specify) along with matching your style of gasket with their samples (or photos).  There DOZENS of styles to choose from.  Then, they would then MAKE it for you per your dimensions.

Getting a proper gasket can be expensive if you make a mistake in the measurements and get one that won’t fit or is the wrong style and have to do it over again.  SO…going back to that first phone call to Master-bilt; If they direct you to THEIR supplier, ask Master-bilt for the specified dimensions and any other info they can offer to match up a replacement of their door’s gasket – so you can relay all of this to that other vendor.