Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a Garland Commercial Stove Model H283RC, It is a 6 burner with a griddle, broiler and two ovens. It was new in about 2000, Is this the right model number? I have a Garland Commercial Stove Model H283RC, It is a 6 burner with a griddle, broiler and two ovens. It was new in about 2000, Is this the right model number?

• ectofix

September 2, 2016 at 5:25 pm

That model number is a “code” for the overall features of the range unit.  Your model number, with six burners and a RAISED griddle (w/broiler underneath) indicates that one of the ovens is a CONVECTION oven.

I wasn’t able to get an exact manual for you either, but I have copy of a general GARLAND GAS CONTROLS TECHNICAL REFERENCE MANUAL I’ve had for several years.  I looked through it and appears to be what you need.  I’ve yet to figure out how to share a PDF file in this forum, but I found a copy of it on the internet – so here’s the link:

http://extranet.garland-group.com/document_catalog/PODLib/A_GEQ_SM_GASCONTROLSREF_GCTRM.pdf

This manual will have WAY more info than what you’re asking for.  However, it’s a great reference tool for technicians who work on ANY gas equipment. (HINT: Blodgett also has something like this out there)

A variation of your model number is alluded to on page 12.  The suffix “RC” (from my brief perusal of this manual) indicates that the LEFT oven is a CONVECTION oven, so I assume the RIGHT one is just a STANDARD oven.  If it were an RC2, then BOTH sides are convection ovens.

A wiring diagram for the convection oven is on page 73.

I hope this helps.