Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Convotherm 4, Bottom Burner – Gas Burner technicians. Convotherm 4, Bottom Burner – Gas Burner technicians.

• olivero

October 19, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Ectofix,

I whole heartedly agree with you, when we bought the OGS it was in 2009 or so, its been sitting for 3 years or so before they moved in and it got used by that time, the software was already outdated which led to a fatal error that resulted in the oven going out the door and the Convotherm coming in.

The convotherm 4 unit has smaller burners and less BTU’s than the OGS. So all that weight and honking goodness went out along with the performance, very dissapointing. Now this, this was just about the 3rd last straw I’ve had with Cleveland on their combi’s it just shows it was not built right and it wasn’t properly tested.

Fixbear

We thought about that but figured that for now, this will have to do. The plan is to get rid of these units and switch over to Alto Shaam, they have a much better support group and 24/7 tech support which is a good enough reason for me with all the problems we went through on these 2, I would have expected much more support from Cleveland on it.

Here are the after shots.

Both sides.

It went pretty smooth, took a while but we got it done and parts showed up this morning, put everything in with gaskets and all, turned it on, no visible heat leaks and I ran my finger around the flange and I don’t feel any heat escaping so it looks like we are good.