Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Cracked everpure descaling housing. Cracked everpure descaling housing.

• ectofix

November 28, 2017 at 7:02 pm

ryantruck9 wrote:

From what I have heard on training courses the water quality can be difficult in your area.

I could go on in some length regarding this , I am fairly certain a few of the gentleman I’ve been reading could be even more insightful.

I can’t claim any expertise on water quality.  Just those up-close experiences.

For instance.  Our newest Rational ovens are two years old.  I look at their steam generators to be like ones I often saw in many table-top steamers (like a Cleveland 21CET8 or a Groen HY3E, for instance).  Can’t tell you how many times I felt like a geologist for all the rock I’ve extracted from them when I was a field tech.

Yet, I PM these Rationals quarterly.  I peep into their steam generators and they’re clean as a whistle…for two years now.  I only did a descale on them a year ago…just because there was some limescale sediment in the drain hose.  Probably due again.

Granted that they’re 202WE units and I ride the Chefs to clean them OFTEN through a CareControl cycle (did I say I’m a fan?).  Nonetheless, I USED to advise descaling those Clevelands and Groens at least MONTHLY (if not more).  But, here I am looking at my own units that are two years old, having only descaled them ONCE in two years…and they still look good!

FWIW: I’d loved to have had CFESA’s recent training on water quality.  It certainly fits.  It was always a weak area for me.