Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I have a Blodgett BX-14G Combi-oven steamer. the manifold gaskets above the igniter keeps leaking.  we have changed gasket and “L” brackets.  retightened. stops leaking for a bit but just temporarily. any ideas ? I have a Blodgett BX-14G Combi-oven steamer. the manifold gaskets above the igniter keeps leaking.  we have changed gasket and “L” brackets.  retightened. stops leaking for a bit but just temporarily. any ideas ?

• ectofix

December 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm

fixbear is absolutely right.  ANY combi-oven is an extremely complex setup.

My experience is mainly on old Groen ovens (also a U.S. product) and Rational ovens (made in Europe).  I’ve worked on a few older electric Blodgetts, but never worked on a gas one, though.

I briefly perused some literature on your oven.  I see they use inshot burners.  Interesting.  A very basic system when  compared to what Rational, Alto-Shaam, Convotherm and others are using, since they’ve all incorporated more complex metal-mesh burners systems.  Not that this helps you.  Just something notable.

FYI:  Blodgett makes service info readily available on that oven (for now).  So, here’s a link to enough on the that oven to make your head spin:

BCX-14 Training

FWIW:  As a technician addressing your problem, I wouldn’t hesitate to call Blodgett’s tech support line.  Here’s a link for contacting them:

http://www.blodgett.com/contact-us/ 

5-6 years ago, I’d heard that Blodgett had put somewhat of a restriction on tech support availability – limiting FREE support to only their authorized service providers.   Not a common practice, but that’s just what I heard.  I could be wrong.

I’m guessing you’re a knowledgeable in-house guy just looking to fix it yourself.  My advice is that you’re far better off getting a Blodgett-trained tech to look at it.