Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums i order r02.04.651.00 for a booster c39 hatco but it should of been 386volts and it says on   it 220v??? i order r02.04.651.00 for a booster c39 hatco but it should of been 386volts and it says on   it 220v???

• ectofix

December 19, 2017 at 5:43 pm

You have 346v as a supply voltage?  Where in the world are you?

MOST Hatco boosters are wired in a “delta” configuration (symbol is Δ).  In that configuration – YES, the elements would need to be rated to match incoming source voltage (±10%)

However, my guess is that, due to your unconventional source voltage (compared to what I’ve seen), YOURS is set up so the elements in YOUR booster are wired in a three phase “Y” configuration…with no neutral.  In such a setup, any two elements (or parallel pairs of elements) will basically be connected in series while at peak potential between the two lines supplying that set.  Of course, a third line input through ANOTHER element (or element pairs) will also play a part as the AC source voltage cycles in their direction.

In such a configuration (Y), one side of the elements will be jumpered together, while the other side of the elements receive power from the contactor.  Therefore, the elements need to only be rated at roughly 60-70% (off the top of my head) of the incoming source voltage.

As a technician, I could quickly determine your setup simply by looking at it.  I’m not there and I don’t have access to a schematic while sitting here at home in my armchair, so I don’t have an answer to that question.

If you’re confused by what I’ve just explained, , then get the services of a licensed electrician to take a look at it and the unit’s schematic to determine your configuration.  I DO strongly urge you to NOT install those elements and apply power to the unit without being confident that they are the correct ones.