Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Strange Problem with an Imperial ICVG-1 Cpnvection Oven Strange Problem with an Imperial ICVG-1 Cpnvection Oven

• ectofix

February 12, 2018 at 5:50 pm

I’m not sure THAT manual applies to the ICVG-1, since it shows a 24v module using direct spark ignition to a dual burner system (much like a Vulcan Snorkel).

A parts manual I pulled up for Imperial’s ICVG-1 oven shows a 120v module using intermittent pilot to a single burner system.

The “-1” in the OP’s model number might be the distinguishing factor in their model number.

Nonetheless, it appears that Imperial Range joins a group of other manufacturers (like American Range) who made major changes to their convection oven through the years – primarily regarding their gas trains, but didn’t properly distinguish those changes by applying clear and concise updated model numbers to easily tell their applicable technical literature apart.

THAT just gives me a headache.

To make my head hurt even more, I’ve NOW found similarities between the oven diagrams for American Range and Imperial:

I think those engineers were collaborating with each other over a land line…and maybe FAXing each other…back in 2009.

I’m DONE.  Gonna go watch a movie on Netflix…