Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I am having an issue with a Roundup Vertical Contact Toaster I am having an issue with a Roundup Vertical Contact Toaster

• ectofix

February 9, 2018 at 5:05 pm

I knew Antunes (Roundup) made hot dog grills, but I rarely worked on those – only one or two of those a year. 

You said the “Roundup” name is also used by TurboChef?  Never heard that before.  Antunes (Roundup) is a family-owned business.  TurboChef is a division of the massive Middleby Corporation.

Roundup is a division of A.J. Antunes & Co, a family-owned and operated company (for brevity, they recently shortened their name to just “Antunes”). 

Roundup vertical contact toasters and countertop steamers were very prolific in the McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other QSRs I did repairs in…which was several times a week. The name “Roundup” would be emblazoned in big letters across the front, but the A.J. Antunes name would be in tiny print on their data stickers.  So, people commonly thought ROUNDUP when they called in their toaster for service.

These changes might have coincided with the shortening of their company name and the recent expansion of their factory headquarters in order to move several separate facilities and their entire operations under one roof.